Version 4.03 (01/22/2005)- SBC instructions work in terms of ADC (thanks tepples)
Version 4.02 (MMX) (12/30/2004)
Version 4.02 (SSE2) (12/30/2004)
Version 4.01 (MMX) (12/12/2004)- Fixed pAPU output divisor, making a clean sound again
Version 4.00 (MMX) (12/09/2004)- Backed battery (SRAM) wasn't being saved on quit-to-OS, fixed
Version 4.00 Beta 7 (SSE) (12/01/2004)- Changed "i686 mmx" to "i586 sse" due to an Allegro issue
Version 4.00 Beta 6 (MMX) (11/08/2004)- pAPU sound fixes, plus better channel mixing;
Version 4.00 Beta 5 (SSE) (10/26/2004)
Version 4.00 Beta 5 (MMX) (10/26/2004)
Version 4.00 Beta 4 (SSE) (10/12/2004)
Version 4.00 Beta 4 (MMX) (10/12/2004)
Version 4.00 Beta 3 (10/09/2004)- Fixed PPU clocking behaviour ('scanlines' demo is okay);
Version 4.00 Beta 2 (10/02/2004)- Windows port, now compiled with MinGW;
RocknesX Version 2.0 Final (04/14/2002)- AUDIO, GUI: SERIOUS bug fixed in the sound setup: the soundcard information was being incorrectly stored. This fixes some odd errors on audio initialization.
RocknesX Version 2.0 Beta 3 (07/31/2001)(By Fx3)
RocknesX Version 2.0 Beta 2 (06/03/2001)- The battery save is FINALLY working
RocknesX Version 2.0 Beta 1 (05/31/2001)
This is the first beta release of the RockNESX 2.
It has new features, like Netplay, 3D mode, Zip support.
Please send you bug reports to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Enjoy!
DIRECTX 8 NEEDED!!!!!
- The way RockNES X and the RockNES core interacts has been completely rewritten
- Input Control partially rewritten (major joystick bugs fixed)
- Sound Engine rewritten: the output quality is better and the lag has gone away :)
- Added 48kHz support to the Sound Engine
- Sound Device selection fixed
- The audio buffer size can be configured now
- Scanline support rewritten. This new version is MUCH faster
- Now it is possible to toggle between Windowed and Full Screen Mode while playing (F11 key)
- 3D Hardware Support added (of course using bilinear filtering!)
- Font Engine Optimized and partially rewritten, to support the 3D mode
- Frameskip support removed (due to the RockNES emulation core requirements)
- The Screenshot system has been improved and also supports the 3D mode
- The GUI has been improved (lot of bugs removed, things added/removed)
- The Folders dialog now has the "look subfolders" option
- The .dat (the RockNES X config file) format has changed, to support more options and future format updates
- Netplay mode (support for TCP/IP, serial port, IPX and modem2modem). Remote savestate loading is also supported
- Several bug fixes
- Error handling HEAVILY improved
- Zip support added (finally! :))
- In sync with the latest RockNES source (1.9x). It is really a lot of things to describe here.
RocknesX Version 1.61 (12/08/2000)
- This new RockNES X version can be 40-120% faster than the previous version.
- Added triple buffering
- 8 bit rendering engine optimized
- Auto frameskip added (highly recommended!)
- Ppu code optimized
- Now RockNES X creates automatically the savegames, movies and battery save directories when necessary.
- Battery save fixed
- Added screenshot support
- Mapper #33 improved somewhat (support Flintstones);
- Mapper #43 (150-in-1) changed to number #235;
- Mapper #48 (SMB2j (LF36)) changed to number #43;
- Fixed mapper #21 (Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2 has correct gfx);
- Fixed mapper #68, more games are playable;
- Fixed VS Atari RBI Baseball patch (on reads);
- Fixed pAPU timing (was completly wrong, damn!), output is better;
- Added ppu tile caching system
- Added a decent savestate format - unhappily NOT compatible with the old ones;
- Added a new method for noise luts, much clean;
- Added mapper #180 (Nichibutsu, game Crazy Climber supported);
- Added preliminary VS UniSystem reads handler (Atari RBI Baseball works),
thanks to xodnizel;
- Added a cheap hack to get Paris-Dakar Rally Special working (map66);
- Fixed a major bug in the mapper #40 (SMB2j) reset;
- Fixed mapper #83 CHR bankswitch (World Heroes2 works);
- Fixed mapper #232 (BF9096 chip - used by Codemasters' Quattro carts);
- Fixed mapper #233 (the '20-in-1' half works, 'reset' to active);
- Fixed number of cpu cycles per sprite DMA transfer;
- Fixed ppu layout (frame starts at VBlank);
- Fixed ppu latch system and ppu reads, thanks to Ki for his findings
(pass ok in the tests programs).
- Fixed mirroring state saving (when a mapper uses a custom mirroring);
- Tweaks in the FDS driver, more games are working;
- Cleaned up the 16k CHR RAM support code, used by mapper #13;
- General cleanups to boost the performance;
- Added a 'secret' mapper, as explained in the rocknes homepage...
- NES sound driver partially rewritten. Added real-time state for register
$4015, which fixes sound output for all games;
- Added mapper #76 driver (Namco 109);
- Added mappers #72, #92, #101 (Taito mappers);
- Added mappers #83 (Cony mapper), #240;
- Added mapper #100 (NESticle MMC3 hack mode, untested);
- Fixed mapper #70 (small hack for Kamen Rider Club);
- Fixed mapper #113 (to support HES carts);
- Removed duplicated pattern table saving on games with no VROM.
- Fixed a bug on sound reset, the noise channel is now working properly.
- Better noise emulation;
RocknesX Version 1.42(10/19/2000)
- Windows 2000 bug solved!
- Small GUI problems fixed (now you know when the ROM is incorrect)
- Better noise emulation (by Fx3)
RocknesX Version 1.41(10/15/2000)
-Improved Rendering Engine
-Windowed Mode Support
-VS Palettes Support
-Improved Joystick Support
-GUI bug fixes
-GUI support for NES, VS and FDS roms
-and... ALL the core is in sync with the newest RockNES (DOS) version.
(TONS of changes to describe here!)
RocknesX Version 1.201
- Joystick mapping fixed
- Now you can play again with sound disabled ;o)
Note: the RockNES X 1.1 was not public released.
RocknesX Version 1.2
- Joystick support!!!!
- Load Game fixed
- GUI improvements and fixes
- New artwork
- New "Font Engine"
- Pixel Interpolation (if supported by the hardware)
- Scanline modes added
- The 16-bit mode is compatible with old videocards
- 24-bit mode fixed
- 8-bit color palette now is 100% correct
- new synchronism system: now the video is smooth even on ultra-fast machines
- now a thread controls the sound output. Many sound related problems (mainly with
slow machines) were solved
- Command line support. Now you can type "RockNESX game.nes" or create shortcuts to
your favorite games!
- A ROM can be loaded by a Windows standard load file dialog (you asked for it...
so you got it!)
- FULLY compliant with the RockNES 1.06 (newest DOS version)
RocknesX Version 1.05
-All the emulation related changes in the rocknes 1.05 (dos) release
-Minor speed improvements in the rendering engine
-High color and True Color modes support (16, 24, 32 bits)
-if supported by hardware, the stretched mode uses pixel interpolation...
on a Viper 770 it looks just great!
-in newer video cards (like Viper770), the 16-bit mode is faster than
the 8-bit mode
-2 players support (thanks!)
-The keys are now configurable
-now the configurations are saved when are editing them, not only when you
close the RockNES X
-the savestate format changed (because of the new CPU core)
-Better sound output
-New keyboard controls
-Now the GUI supports files with any extension
-GUI bug fixes
-General code optimization
-Minor bug fixes
RocknesX Version 1.0
-RockNES X released!
-RockNES 1.03 DOS-version compliant
This is the first release of the new RockNES X emulator. A lot of work is
needed, so do not expect an incredible emulator... it is the first release!
Joystick and 2-player support, as well more compatible sound emulation are
under development. Some optimizations can be made, so future releases will
be much faster (and better!) than now.